Friday, November 25, 2005

removed the vanity

My father-in-law came over this morning and we removed the old vanity in the bathroom. This has to be done before the company can come in next week to do the work on the shower.

This work turns out to be well worth it. The old drain pipes were metal and they had rusted out pretty bad on the inside over the 30+ years that the house has been around. I put my thumb through one of the p-trap pieces when I was taking it apart this morning.

See more progress on: Renovate my bathroom

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Sounds like you've been busy. You'll have a nice bathroom, when you get it finished. AND, another reason to stay there awhile. :)

Kerry said...

The shower will be complete this Friday and we are planning to get our new vanity and sink this Saturday.

Erin said...

Oh, I know it's a lot of hard work, but it is so worth it!! And you're right about re-doing the plumbing if you had to open things up anyway.

Enjoy the reno :)

Kerry said...

I need to post a picture of the finished shower. The guys were finished around 3:15 p.m. today. It looks great!