Thursday, September 01, 2005

Gasoline situation

The situation with gasoline prices has gotten out of control. It went up about 30 cents per gallon last night in our area. By the time I got home from work, It had gone up another 20 cents per gallon. I know it is bad in other places, but $2.99 per gallon is very high for Alabama.

I just came across this picture on FoxNews.com that is absolutely absurd, however. This is at a BP station in Stockbridge, Georgia. I cannot see where this is anything other than price gouging.

Update: I just received a link to a page on Snopes regarding this picture. It turns out that this was in fact true, but it only lasted for a day as the Governor of Georgia enacted legislation to bring sanctions against retailers who were in the practice of price-gouging.

read more | tags: ,

No comments: