Thursday, July 07, 2005

Going Under the Knife

I went to the doctor this morning for a follow-up from a visit that I had four months ago when I was diagnosed with high blood pressure. I have recently been having problems very soon after eating fried foods. After telling the doctor this, he said that I probably have Dumping Syndrome.

From what the doctor was telling me this usually caused when the gall bladder leaks fluid when a sudden rush of fatty foods comes through the system. Sometimes, it can be treated with drugs, but more often than not, people have their gall bladder removed.

Right before the doctor let me go today, he told me to say goodbye to my gall bladder. :)

A wiki definition of Dumping Syndrome is available. There is also more information about the disease at eMedicine.

No comments: