Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Green Eggs and Ham

My 6 year old son came into my room tonight while I was hanging up my shirts and said that he wanted me to read to him. I told him to get his Bible and I would read a couple of stories from that. He really likes that. He walked away and when he came back, he said that he had changed his mind. He wanted to read to me instead.

What do you think he wanted to read? Yep... Dr. Suess' Green Eggs and Ham. He started reading the book and it brought back old memories. I told him that this was my favorite book when I was growing up. I believe my mother still has my copy of this book at her house.

I am happy to see that things like this still continue to be a child pleaser 30+ years later. :)

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I not only have that, but all the Dr. Suess' books that you and your sister read. Those, along with the Disney books, were your favorites of the many books you had.