Saturday, July 30, 2005

Results are good

I had to go to have another test this week since the ultrascan last week that I had on my gall bladder was not definitive. The test that I had this week was a Hydascan. Basically, this is a nuclear X-ray. The technician shot some kind of nuclear liquid into my blood stream. This stuff had a half life of 6 hours, so I was radioactive for most of the evening after the test. :)

Anyway, I had to lay on this small table, like an emergency backboard, under this huge camera that was about four inches from my chest. The hardest part was being completely still for an hour. After the first thirty minutes of taking a three minute picture every five minutes, the technician shot me up with what she called "my big fat cheeseburger with no calories". hahaha

It hit me quick and hard. After a few minutes of continuous picture taking, she said that I could get up from the test early. My gall bladder emptied just as it should have.

I got a call from the doctor Thursday after he got the results from the radiologist. Everything looks normal with my gall bladder. He said that he could refer me for an upper endoscopy, but at this point, I am not interested in getting the scope down my throat.

When I first started having my symptoms, I prayed about it and changed my diet a little. I have not actually had any problems that I was having for about three weeks.

3 comments:

Godsdragon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Godsdragon said...

Sorry about the delete, too many typos.
Glad you're feeling better.
I am honored to have a link to Life and Living here, so I reciprocated.
Thanks for being a friend in cyberspace!

Erin said...

Thanks for stopping by my place with such kind comments :)

I'm glad your gall bladder is alright. I had mine out a couple years ago... and while I'm sooooo glad the painful attacks have stopped, I really have to be careful about what I eat now.

Hang on to all the original parts you can :)