Monday, July 04, 2005

Helping Family

My father-in-law asked me earlier in the weekend if I was interested in using a portable building, but I would have to help him move it. Reluctantly, I agreed to help out. Before it was all over, he was the one saying that he wishes he had never gotten us into this mess.

We had to move a very heavy, site-built building by jacking it up and putting it on a dove-tail trailer so we could move it to my house. Unfortunately, the several thousand pound trailer had to be backed up a hill to the building. The truck we were using has pretty fat tires on the back, so with the slightly damp ground, it was just not happening.

To make a long story short, it took us 10 hours just to get it on the trailer. It fell a few times, almost slid off the trailer, about fell on my arm once, and kicked a support beam up and knocked my father-in-law in the head. We still have to get it out of the area where we put it on the trailer and then move it over to my house.

None of this was worth it, but at least we did not pay any money for the building. :)

No comments: