Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Work Day at the Church

The morning started out at 8:00 a.m. with breakfast. Our local Jack's Restaurant donated biscuits. We had about 20 people out for our work day today. It was good to see a large crowd come out to work, because we can usually get more done.

We completed quite a few tasks including changing out a broken commode, cleaning and reinstalling some gutters, pressure washing the sidewalks, replacing a door closer, and cutting the grass.

I got to do one of the jobs that was indoors. Unfortunately, it is probably one of the most humbling jobs I have ever done. I had to spend time over a used commode changing out the broken lid. Don't laugh! This was not a fun job, but somebody had to do it. :)

All in all, it was a great day of fellowship and work at God's house with some good people.

1 comment:

John said...

I used to take such pride in toilet cleaning, I got promoted to
training manager, from whence I was offered part time work lecturing in a college, from where I was given a full time lecturing post, from where I was asked to do a feasability study for a chaplaincy to provide for 18,000 students and 1,000 staff, so I say, thanks for being humble enough to take pride in that commode, becaue God will pass over 19, 19000 or 19 million others to reach you at your point of need! Blessings, John